Primetime $$$ on History

Home Forums PROs Primetime $$$ on History

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    daveydad
    Participant

Wondering what kind of payout I should expect from my first placement on a History Channel primetime (9-11) special last fall. I had about 10 minutes of music used!

#27345 Reply
    Michael Nickolas
    Participant

An example of a few prime time from last statement:

:24 $1.10
    :22 $1.00
    :32 $1.47

#27346 Reply
    daveydad
    Participant

Wow, that is pathetic!

#27347 Reply
    Michael Nickolas
    Participant

Well, that’s a typical American Pickers/Pawn Stars ASCAP payout. Maybe it’ll be different for your two hour prime-time special.

#27348 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Wow, that is pathetic!

Not sure I would call that pathetic in the realm of reality TV. We have a lot of music on those shows and it turns into quite a hefty payout each quarter.

#27349 Reply
    daveydad
    Participant

Yeah, I guess quantity can be the name of the game. I don’t think this special has aired more than once…. so far. But in comparison, I just made $15 for a 53sec cue on a primetime Discovery show last statement.

#27354 Reply
    Alan
    Participant

I just made $15 for a 53sec cue on a primetime Discovery show last statement.

But how many times did it air during primetime that quarter for you to make $15? For me, the dozens of re-runs per quarter are what make me the money and non-series shows don’t do that for me.

#27355 Reply
    gdomeier
    Participant

I agree Alan. Primetime plays of pawn stars have been a good one for me. A 15 second spot on PS played 3 times and paid $13.76. Combin that up with other pawn star episodes and all the other airings and it the dollars start to stack up.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: Reply #27355 in Primetime $$$ on History
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us