PRO placement on SKY and FOX

Home Forums General Questions PRO placement on SKY and FOX

Tagged: , , ,

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Wall_E
    Participant

Hi there,

I recently found out that I trailer I composed for an exclusive library was placed on an unknown video that was featured on more than 20 SKY channels and more than 10 FOX channels.

Now, newbie question, I received back-end royalties from my PRO but no license fee from the library (nor any communication to say that this track of mine was sold). Is this ok?

#32751 Reply
    Michael Nickolas
    Participant

Sync fees are drying up and it’s quite possible none was charged by the library. Is it ok? Well, I doubt your paperwork says they are required to charge a sync fee for every placement, so in that sense it’s up to them…

#32752 Reply
    Dannyc
    Participant

Sync fees are drying up and it’s quite possible none was charged by the library.

i presume you just mean in production music and TV music? i imagine other parts of the production music industry such as trailers are not affected.

#32753 Reply
    Wall_E
    Participant

such as trailers are not affected.

funny thing is…this was from a trailer album. Anyway, I thought, since this is a high end library, that sync fees were involved each time a client download and use a track. My mistake…

#32754 Reply
    Dannyc
    Participant

funny thing is…this was from a trailer album. Anyway, I thought, since this is a high end library, that sync fees were involved each time a client download and use a track. My mistake…

but when you say high end do you mean high end trailer libraries like audiomachine, Colossal, Really Slow Motion, Immediate?

or just high end production library as there is a huge difference. a lot of high end production libraries will put out trailer music albums because its pretty much a genre now but that doesnt mean they have the high end clients that pay the big syncs.

#32756 Reply
    Wall_E
    Participant

You’re right. Not from those libraries you mentioned

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Reply #32753 in PRO placement on SKY and FOX
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us