PRO – SESAC Publisher and Writer accounts?

Home Forums PROs PRO – SESAC Publisher and Writer accounts?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Benji

Hey everyone!

Been preparing tracks for submitting to music libraries and just want to make sure I have everything together. About 6 years ago I was in a band and was contacted by SESAC and asked to join. We all registered and one of my other bandmates handled the song submissions ect.

I called them to get my information so I can register songs with them that I will be submitting to some music libraries and was told I have both a writer ID as well as a publisher ID under the name “My Name Publishing”. Apparently “My Name Publishing” was listed as a DBA (doing business as) but I do not have or own any DBAs for that name (or any name for that matter).

Which brings me to my question… should I be registered my songs I record and submit to music libraries as a writer, or should I use my SESAC publishing account under “My Name Publishing” but also go out and register an actual DBA under that name so I don’t have any issues? Is it normal to submit them as a writer or as a published when writing and recording music for submission to music libraries for hopeful TV Film etc placement?

Thanks everyone!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Reply To: PRO – SESAC Publisher and Writer accounts?
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us