Promotion and Marketing?

Home Forums Newbie Questions Promotion and Marketing?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    TerlinguaMusic
    Participant

What tools do you use to drive traffic to your tracks in music libraries? Specifically, the non-exclusive RF libraries.

I’m seeing some P5 promotions by composers on Twitter. Some composers use Facebook boosted posts- but those seem to go to their own sites. The libraries do promotions, but the composer specific ones are usually from exclusive libraries promoting theme CDs.

Here’s the problem I’m trying to solve: my view/purchase ratio is excellent. I’m not getting enough views.

I’ve researched the titles of the best-selling tracks, and I’m modeling them on my tracks. Not stealing, but looking for patterns and modeling what seems to be working. Same thing with descriptions- keywords, narrative… got that.

I know what the most searched meta-tags are on the libraries I’m in, and I’ve targeted those along with other appropriate popular tags that fit my music.

There are a lot of savvy composers doing the same thing.

And there are tens- possibly hundreds- of thousands of tracks on these libraries. The tracks with the most views and purchases are weighted to show up highest in their search engines.

If I can get views, I can get sales.

So… (and I know this is a long shot, but I’m hoping…) how do you get views?

Thanks!

#26379 Reply

Great thread, I am curious about this as well.

I think you are already on the right track with a focus on consistent social media engagement and I look forward to hearing about other approaches.

#27765 Reply
    jeromerossen
    Participant

Hi TerlinguaMusic did you get any answers to your good questions, either from experience or outside of this forum? I have the same questions… Thanks! Jerome

#27766 Reply
    ChuckMott
    Participant

I’d be interested in hearing more about this also.

#27768 Reply
    MaxPower
    Participant

I call all my tracks ‘Inspiring Corporate’ and make sure I use the words ‘inspiring’ and ‘corporate’ thirty times each in the keywords. 😉

#27769 Reply
    Dannyc
    Participant

or you could start working with libraries that do all the tagging for you. i know the thoughts of going back and doing all that metadata tagging on every track i upload makes me physically ill.

its a big relief not having to worry about this part of the creative process.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Promotion and Marketing?
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us