PRO's And Royalty Free Sites

Home Forums General Questions PRO's And Royalty Free Sites

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jay

I’m not mentioning ANY company names here and just had a general question – Do you think that having the PRO tag associated with your material hurts your chances of getting sales @ those types of sites?

and what about something I heard about people who are with PRO’s not saying they are at those sites? (is that legal?)

Personally not only do I put my PRO info down but even add my CAE/IPI number to make it easier for the user to file a cue sheet – is this overkill and am I hurting my chances even more?

and finally what if the purchaser simply refuses to file the cue sheet?…on those sites you don’t know who bought the track or what it was used for – I had a situation where I had a sting purchased a few times last year and swore I heard it on a network that refuses to pay backend – I made a little $ on the purchase but it would’ve been nice to also see something on my PRO statement for my efforts…thanks for any replies and I hope asking this (without company names) is cool – I’m not trying to cause any trouble here, just trying to learn – Jay

#7372 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

“Do you think that having the PRO tag associated with your material hurts your chances of getting sales @ those types of sites?”

Hard to know if it hurts sales. I do know that I have had music purchased on RF sites show up on the air and it did show up on my PRO statement.

“and finally what if the purchaser simply refuses to file the cue sheet?…”

I’ve hunted them down but not easy to do without a Tunesat account. Also the sting you thought you heard was probably only worth pennies in PRO money. You have to ask yourself what your time is worth to chase that down.

#7402 Reply
    Jaye

very true Art..

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: PRO's And Royalty Free Sites
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us