ProTools 12: MIDI crashing when playing VST in real time

Home Forums DAWs (Digital Audio Workstations) ProTools 12: MIDI crashing when playing VST in real time

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Wall_E
    Participant

Hi everyone!

A student of mine is running the full version of ProTools 12 on his laptop (pc) BUT, although everything is fine, when playing his MIDI keyboard, the audio start to crash after few notes.

If recorded and then played back, the MIDI notes are played correctly. The problem arises only when playing a VST instrument in “real time”.

Any help?

Thanks

ps- 8 GB ram, built-in audio (no external audio card).

#31323 Reply
    Bang On Records Studios

@ Wall_E

I use Logic Pro X (not sure if this relates to ProTools) but a few things come to mind when that happens in LogicProX — has your student tried changing the buffer size? What about testing with a different VST instrument especially if the VST instrument causing the problem is 3rd party? And then there’s the CPU usage while using the VST – what does the CPU meter read?

#31330 Reply
    Wall_E
    Participant

Hi!

He tried everything you metioned but the problem still remains. I thought it might be related to the soundcard (internal).

ASIO4ALL driver missing maybe?

#31338 Reply
    Abby

I wrestled with Pro Tools for years, with constant crashing and finally switched to Logic.. hasn’t crashed yet, and that’s with even more VST’s installed.

#31372 Reply
    Wall_E
    Participant

Solved! ASIO4All driver missing.

#31381 Reply
    Bang On Records

thanks for the update Wall_E Missing driver problems — isn’t the first time and won’t be the last.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Reply #31323 in ProTools 12: MIDI crashing when playing VST in real time
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us