PRS and SESAC

Home Forums PROs PRS and SESAC

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Traveler

Hi,

Is there anyone here from the UK, and therefore a member of the PRS – who is also receiving royalties via SESAC? I am owed a decent amount of money by SESAC, and according to them they send it on to the PRS as soon as their distributions occur (quarterly). However, I’m yet to receive anything from the PRS after a few of these.

I can’t believe how confusing, complicated and more than anything, opaque, the whole royalty collection process is. In fact, of all the times I’ve called PRS, I think only one of those did the person on the other end of the phone know what they were talking about, and that may have been a dream now I think about it. They certainly are nice and try to be helpful, but I think I’d trade that in for some more knowledge.

If there’s anybody else who has experience with this, I’d be very grateful to hear about it.

#9398 Reply
    Traveler

I know I only just posted this, but as it’s not showing up on the left sidebar, I’m guessing no one will see it. Is there any way I can get it there?

#9406 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

I know I only just posted this, but as it’s not showing up on the left sidebar

The left sidebar only displays replies to topics, not topics created.

#9408 Reply
    Traveler

Ah ok, sorry about that. I just figured it out after my own reply too.

#9410 Reply
    Soph

I was told that US placements can  take over a year to filter through PRS. UK composers get the worst deal. Takes forever to get paid and then the exchange rate kicks our butts!

Im still waiting on a TV commercial with 200+ Airs. That was on air in late 2011.

#9453 Reply
    Traveler

I can’t seem to reply to this thread as it keeps saying ”

ERROR: Duplicate reply detected; it looks as though you’ve already said that!

” but my reply isn’t there so it’s not duplicate!

#9454 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

@Traveler. Try clearing your browser cache and cookies.

#9470 Reply
    Traveler

Followed your advice but still can’t get it to work.. 🙁 Not sure what I’m doing wrong.

#9469 Reply
    Traveler

Hi Soph,

Thanks for the reply. Are your tracks with SESAC in the US, but you’re based in the UK so you’re with PRS?

The reason I’m worried is that SESAC told me they send money to PRS at each of their distributions (they don’t hold it back for any length of time), and PRS told me that they send out overseas royalties in the next distribution after receiving them. At least one of these statements must be false in my case as I still haven’t received the royalties I know I’m owed from SESAC from last year.

I wonder what exchange rate they use too… at a guess I’d say the scamming bank rate. Wonderful.

#9473 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Okay, found it. Your first reply was stuck in the “pending” folder and that’s why you could not repeat it. I released the “pending” reply just now.

#9474 Reply
    Traveler

Thank you Art, I appreciate that a lot 🙂

Congrats on the site too by the way! It’s an excellent resource.

#29245 Reply
    Kubed
    Participant

Does anyone know if PRS keeps 10% of their non-UK artists’ profits?
    That’s what a friend of mine was told recently (he wants to join a PRO and he’s doing a little research).
    Anyway,i thought this was odd,for a PRO to ask a cut from artist’s music.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Reply To: PRS and SESAC
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us