PRS & re-titled works with ASCAP / BMI

Home Forums PROs PRS & re-titled works with ASCAP / BMI

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    odie76
    Participant

I’m a member of PRS, and I have music in some non-exclusive libraries who do re-titling and register these titles with BMI, ASCAP and SOCAN. I’m confused about what needs to be done in order to have these titles added to the PRS database.

I spoke to PRS and they said that the publishers need to send a request to BMI / ASCAP / SOCAN to send details of my works through to the PRS international department. However this is unfamiliar to the publishers, it seems that they haven’t needed to do this before with other PRS composers. According to two publishers, usually all they need to do is register the titles with BMI / ASCAP with the composer’s name and IPI# attached.

To add to the confusion, a representative of ASCAP told me that I should register the new titles myself with PRS, but PRS told me I should definitely not do this.

I’d appreciate it if any PRS composers could shed some light on this.

#23307 Reply
    Rich
    Participant

I’m by no means an expert but my understanding is that often these tracks won’t show up on your PRS until they pay you for them.

I have stuff showing up on BMI and ASCAP but the registration hasn’t popped up in my PRS until the nearer the distribution, so I think they may register them at that point.

I wish as soon as they registered them they did show up the PRS though!

#23308 Reply
    Greg

They don’t get added to your works catalog until the library submits the re-titled work to your pro.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: PRS & re-titled works with ASCAP / BMI
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us