Putting your repertoire online

Home Forums General Questions Putting your repertoire online

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    val

Hello, I’m contemplating reorganising my repertoire online and I wanted to ask for some feedback.

Right now I’m thinking of using soundcloud (expensive but convenient and a standard) or renting some space on amazon servers and then build a simple site where the end user would be able to stream and download the tracks.

suggestions? past experience?

many thanks

val

#27793 Reply
    StevieBlunder
    Participant

I faced the same dilemma a few years ago and tried the Soundcloud Pro account for $50/ year. To me ,its not expensive but SC is a total joke for a composer showcasing their music in a serious manner. Reasons are

1. when your song ends (if its last on your list) SC streams another artist.I wrote to them and never found a way to turn this off.

2 the song order should be drag and drop; just too hard to arrange and sub group.

3 SC calls out songs without a lot of listens with “looks pretty quiet here”…the very last thing I want and I’m not after a lot of listens anyway

I used Godaddy to build me own site : very difficult but more control

#27810 Reply
    Michael Nickolas
    Participant

Broadjam is a perfect solution for me. I can upload songs and mark them as private, which means they cannot be viewed by the general public. To share them I create a “transmit”. I can add any number of songs to a transmit, I can choose whether the song can be downloaded or stream only. A link to that transmit is created that I can share with anyone of my choice. Here is an example: http://www.broadjam.com/transmit/index.php?id=405bczk

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Putting your repertoire online
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us