Question about TuneSat and detection found…

Home Forums General Questions Question about TuneSat and detection found…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    jimandroz7
    Participant

Hello,

is it possible for a song to get ripped off from a library website?  If anyone has information about this ever happening please let me know. Thank you.

#9590 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Anythings possible and there will always be thieves but any serious user of production music wouldn’t last long. Any productions using that music would be ripe for lawsuits.

You didn’t leave much detail so it’s hard to respond to your situation.

#9593 Reply
    Mark_Petrie
    Participant

Yes it is quite easy, that’s how a lot of production music is uploaded to YouTube. People are also able to rip music from SoundCloud, iTunes and even YouTube (for that delicious double / triple compression effect).

However, the likelihood of a company that could pay for a license actually trying to get away with this is low – most sane people wouldn’t risk their business to save a little bit of money. So we don’t need to worry too much about it. In fact, I’ve actually landed a few gigs because of fan made videos on YouTube, as have friends of mine (including one that recently got hired for a big budget film).

#9594 Reply
    Roz

Thanks Art!  A track that I just made and gave Audiosparx exclusive rights showed up on TV in Germany and France.  They are looking into it but needless to say it is freaking me out.

any comments are appreciated!

thanks

jimandroz

#9595 Reply
    woodsdenis
    Participant

If you can hear it, you can steal it, simple as that. Quality might be dreadful and editing out the ‘lib voice watermarks’ mane obvious but anything is possible. If you are talking about hacking a library database and getting the original wav files, yes that would be possible too but unlikely.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Question about TuneSat and detection found…
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us