Question regarding licensing request for a YouTube video

Home Forums Newbie Questions Question regarding licensing request for a YouTube video

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    kingseamus
    Participant

Today I got my first offer through YouLicense: a non-exclusive licensing request from a blogger to use one of my songs in a YouTube video for the fee of one dollar.

I’ve let people and friends use songs of mine for free for various things in the past (indie games, a live performance interlude, short online films, etc.), and it’s great to get my name out there, but I wonder if, in this case, I should try to negotiate for a bit of a higher fee?

I definitely don’t want to give the impression of being greedy, and I’m aware that this blogger may not be making any money from this video series that she’s starting, but I’m interested in hearing other people’s opinions regarding a license fee of $1.00 for the purpose of an online video.

#8760 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Personally I think $1.00 is way to low. My take would be $30-$50.

#8761 Reply
    Blind
    Participant

I agree with Art.

#8762 Reply
    kingseamus
    Participant

Thanks for the feedback, guys!

#8763 Reply
    Kenny
    Participant

Way to low yes. That youtube video will probably not do much for you when it comes to “getting your name out there”, so there`s not much reason for you to do it for free. Try at least $30 like Art suggested.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Reply #8760 in Question regarding licensing request for a YouTube video
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us