Reaper ?

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Edouardo
    Participant

Hi Everyone,

I discovered Reaper recently and this unexpensive little piece of software does amaze me: it is so light! What do you guys think about it? Does it have a place at the heart of a professional composer’s studio or are there too many limitations vs. other DAWs?

Edouard

#13535 Reply
    odie76
    Participant

Reaper was recommended to me by a professional producer who had changed from Cubase to Reaper. He had nothing but praise for Reaper. From what I’ve heard, it doesn’t have many limitations, if any.

#13536 Reply
    woodsdenis
    Participant

Big downside is it’s not supported by Waves and a few others, personally I can’t stand the look of it BUT you can customise virtually anything, it’s in constant upgrade, it’s cheap.

I think you can download a full working version to test, definitely check it out.

#13541 Reply
    mscottweber
    Participant

Antares Autotune doesn’t work correctly in Reaper, if that’s your thing..

I switched to Reaper a few years back when I got a new computer. I had been on Pro Tools 7, but I didn’t want to pay to upgrade to 10 so I decided to give Reaper a try. I’ve been really happy with it; it doesn’t do editing as well as PT, but its way better with midi. Its also the most customizable DAW I’ve ever used.

#24343 Reply
    bplogic
    Participant

Reaper is one of the best DAWs out there. The thing that makes it really special is how lean it is and how fast it runs. Never had a crash in Reaper. I usually run ableton Live so I can take advantage of the session view, but Reaper is my go to for strictly linear recording, and acts as my backup DAW.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Reply #24343 in Reaper ?
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us