Recent success

Home Forums Share It! Recent success

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Michael Nickolas
    Participant

Hope it’s ok to post here and share a recent success! One of my compositions was licensed for use in a national advertising campaign. Covers TV/Internet and Mobile devices. Very nice payout! Here it is on YouTube:

Blue Diamond

#26884 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Great Michael, congrats!

#26886 Reply
    Alan
    Participant

Good for you! Success stories are always motivational for me

#26887 Reply
    KevinHRoss
    Participant

Congratulations! 🙂

#26892 Reply
    MichaelL
    Participant

Aw Nuts! 😉

Congrats, Michael. Very cool, indeed!

#26893 Reply
    Mark_Petrie
    Participant

Awesome! I saw it on TV a few nights ago. If you haven’t already, make sure you get your PRO on board with tracking it.

#26897 Reply
    OverDub
    Participant

Sounds great. Congrats!

#26899 Reply
    Michael Nickolas
    Participant

Thanks to everyone for taking the time to post! Like Art has said before, you never know what news the next email you get could bring!

#26900 Reply
    Alan
    Participant

I’m not certain it this would count as a recent success, but it’s something newbies may find encouraging.
    A few months ago I had a family crisis (still ongoing) that put an abrupt and total stop to my writing.
    I was a primary care giver for two months, but was able to continue working my part time gig as a live sound mixer.
    My 250-ish track library continued to go to work for me every day. My RF sales had a bit of an increase, a decent PRO payout arrived and I learned of a soon to be released movie placement.
    After seven years trying to justify this venture, it was priceless knowing I was able to take two months off and have absolutely no loss of income.

This pause has also given me a chance to regroup and consider how I want to move forward in this new exclusive vs non-exclusive and falling PRO income world.

#26903 Reply
    Michael Nickolas
    Participant

Sorry for your circumstances, and I know what you mean. Most of my income comes from custom song writing for the educational market. When I’m in between work for hire projects, it’s nice to have whatever income the library business can bring.

#26904 Reply
    woodsdenis
    Participant

Nice one !!!!

#29608 Reply
    boinkeee2000
    Participant

great track michael, how long did you have that track in the library before it got picked….mustve been a nice payout since its an ad

#29609 Reply
    Michael Nickolas
    Participant

Thanks boinkee2000. Library had the track for about two years before it getting used. Upfront payment was very nice. Sure would like to see something like this again this year!

#29610 Reply
    Michael Nickolas
    Participant

P.S – Library represents that track non-exclusively!

#29611 Reply
    notes99
    Participant

Congratulations, sounds great.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
Reply To: Reply #26892 in Recent success
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us