Recieving Cue Sheets from libraires

Home Forums Cue Sheet Problems Recieving Cue Sheets from libraires

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Guitarman
    Participant

I’ve often wondered, should I be receiving cue sheets , or at least a report of my tracks used from music libraries?

I never have received any info about my music being used.
    The only sign of it I get is a mention in my pro’s royalty statements and I have to figure that out myself.

I’m not sure if I’ve even received the agreed percentage of my writer fee split, or does that show up as a royalty?

It’s confusing out there

#24899 Reply
    Guitarman
    Participant

I have since researched, I’ve received some very small amounts of sync fees into my bank account from maybe 2 libraries. All the rest seem to be showing up in my PRO only.

#24902 Reply
    Michael Nickolas
    Participant

I’ve often wondered, should I be receiving cue sheets , or at least a report of my tracks used from music libraries?

Not really. Some companies will send a statement twice a year or so, even fewer companies let you know ahead of time about a placement. If you’re ASCAP you can view cue sheets online.

#24906 Reply
    Guitarman
    Participant

Thanks Michael.
    I have actually contacted all the libraries I use.
    Only 2 have not replied. some are sending me everything of mine that has been used.

One issue I had was a TV station did not submit their cues for a show my music had appeared on.
    I had to chase it up myself then send the cue to APRA

So it seems at times, it’s up to the TV people to submit their cues as well.

#24907 Reply
    MichaelL
    Participant

So it seems at times, it’s up to the TV people to submit their cues as well.

As a general rule, it is the responsibility of the production company that used your music to submit cue sheets to PROS, if your music was used in a broadcast production.

Broadcasters themselves do not submit cue sheets, unless they produced the program.

Libraries do not submit cues sheets, They have no idea how much of your music was used in any given program — whether it was 2 minutes or 2 seconds.

In the US, BMI and ASCAP do not accept cues sheets directly from composers. The survey rules.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Reply #24907 in Recieving Cue Sheets from libraires
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us