Recording Studio Work-For-Hire Agreement and “Syncability of Song”

Home Forums Contracts Recording Studio Work-For-Hire Agreement and “Syncability of Song”

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    rkneumann
    Participant

Good Morining,
    I had a song recorded with a particular recording studio. The song was a full band recording and done as a “Work-For-Hire” . The studio sent me the WFH agreement, which indicated my ownership of the master recording rights as well as the copyright of the song, BUT it indicated in the language a more general type of wording that the “studio and it’s independent contractors’ (musicians, vocalists, engineers and producers)” are granting those rights, but it was only signed by the recording studio owner/producer/manager. as it appears on behalf of everyone involved.

My question is will this song have trouble getting cleared for placement in film, as I’m finding that some music libraries request the WFH and clearance (signature) from all the contributors of the song, which this WFH doesn’t have.

Any thoughts on this? Will a music library or music supervisor still accept this kind of WFH agreement?

Thanks in advance for your response.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Reply To: Recording Studio Work-For-Hire Agreement and “Syncability of Song”
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us