Registering as a business?

Home Forums Newbie Questions Registering as a business?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Finn

Hi everyone, I have been researching and reading everything I can get my hands on about the business side of music production writing (read your e-book Art, very informative thank you.) and I haven’t been able to find any info on if production writers are registering themselves as businesses.

Is anybody here registered as a sole proprietor and running everything you’re doing as a legit business or just going at it freelance?

Thanks for all the info you all have passed through this site. It has been my go to since I’ve started.

#34419 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Is anybody here registered as a sole proprietor and running everything you’re doing as a legit business or just going at it freelance?

Glad you liked the book Finn. Thannks!

I run ours through an LLC.

#34436 Reply
    Finn

Thanks for sharing Art!

#34494 Reply
    echoflex
    Participant

Hey Finn, I’m very new to this and have done quite a bit of research. I’m primarily a video editor as my full time job, but went freelance a year ago. I’m probably going to create an LLC or S-Corp depending on what my accountant advises when it’s worth doing one of those. And from what I’ve been told by a few accountants, it’s not worth bothering until you are making 80 or 100k from your ??? It could be music production or some other freelance gig – website designing. So if you are like me and making pennies from your music, I wouldn’t worry about it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Reply #34494 in Registering as a business?
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us