Registering BMI Song Titles Via Spreadsheet.

Home Forums PROs Registering BMI Song Titles Via Spreadsheet.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Over the years I have been very lazy about registering my song titles, and alternates, with my PRO, BMI. At this point it amounts to over 5000 (and growing) titles so I was determined to catch up.

I mentioned a while back that I was working on registering them, via spreadsheet. This sprang out of the article and conversations with Abby North who posted about Common Works Registrations and EBR formatted spreadsheets.

Fortunately the database I created years ago had been formatted in such a way that most of the data was fairly easy to export. With the kind help of a database guru I was able to jump the final hurdle and get a close to clean spreadsheet out of my database.

The next step was to come up with Excel formulas to format properly in the EBR format only to be told that BMI wouldn’t accept that format, they had their own! Argh! Turns out it did not take much to change to BMI’s so I’m happy to say that I have begun submitting smaller chunks (just to make sure nothing breaks) and they have all been importing flawlessly.

If their is anyone facing a similar situation and has any questions about the process please leave your comments here and I will try to answer any questions.

#31621 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Bump

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Reply #31621 in Registering BMI Song Titles Via Spreadsheet.
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us