Registering Cues With Soundexchange and Harry Fox.

Home Forums Commentary Registering Cues With Soundexchange and Harry Fox.

Viewing 8 posts - 46 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Art, so does this mean that you don’t have your AS songs streaming on RadioSparx or their other platforms? What do you mean by “you can’t release it again”?

I have them on RadioSparx as I don’t believe there is an issue there but not for digital release. As for “can’t release again”, I was just speculating. I have released some again with new ISRC codes. Don’t what the impact of that is. I noticed the older ones that were released by AS are designated “Original Mix” on the playlists they are in on Spotify.

Murky stuff!

#32335 Reply
    angopop
    Participant

So the ISRC (and UPC) only relate to sales (physical or digital) but not streaming?

For some reason I assumed AS was giving me ISRC codes for purposes of the DSP sites….

#33640 Reply
    Jeffery

I have a huge catalog of songs I recorded with artists before streaming was evening around. Can I repackage those songs and release as a Greatest Hits? Or do I have to get permission from the labels? Also does SE and HFA collect those streaming royalties on artists I’ve produced on major labels? I own most of my copyrights except when I wrote with writers. In those cases do I have to list each writer and their split on the SE spreadsheet? Thanks!

#33644 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Can I repackage those songs and release as a Greatest Hits? Or do I have to get permission from the labels?

Most likely you would need permission unless you own the masters.

Also does SE and HFA collect those streaming royalties on artists I’ve produced on major labels?

I own most of my copyrights except when I wrote with writers. In those cases do I have to list each writer and their split on the SE spreadsheet?

I believe so but check with Soundexchange.

#40994 Reply
    MichaelL
    Participant

Here we are a few years later and the MLC is in full operation. Have you signed up and are you receiving royalties?

#40997 Reply
    Music1234
    Participant

HFA Royalties have seemingly disappeared, they used to be good for 4 figures in 2018 and 2019 but HFA has dried up to $0

MLC royalties are about $3 a month from all DSP’s

From an e-mail from HFA clinet services when I asked why the royalties dried up:

“If you are expecting royalties generated from streaming, please note that HFA transferred royalty collection duties from DSP’s (streaming services) such as Apple Music and Spotify to the Mechanical Licensing Collective (The MLC) on January 1st, 2021. Therefore, HFA no longer reports, collects, or distributes royalties from these streaming services.”

So I have gone from earning 4 figures a year to seemingly $25 bucks a year with the MLC…AND, The MLC is sitting on $423,000,000 and they “don’t know what to do with it”

The MLC is Sitting On $423 Million, How Songwriters Can Claim It

However, I will stick with registrations to the MLC and HFA because hopefully one of these days I will get a piece of the pie.

#40998 Reply
    MichaelL
    Participant

Thanks, Music1234. Have you opted into SoundExchnge’s international option? If so, has it generated anything meaningful?

#41000 Reply
    Music1234
    Participant

I have not, but maybe I should look into it. Neighbouring Rights collections (from Europe, Australia, Brazil) has been meaningful and I think that may be the collection effort that SE would make under the plan, but I should verify that with the service I use.

Viewing 8 posts - 46 through 53 (of 53 total)
Reply To: Reply #32302 in Registering Cues With Soundexchange and Harry Fox.
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us