Rejected tracks…..

Home Forums General Questions Rejected tracks…..

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    ChuckMott
    Participant

In the rare cases any of you fine composers submit a track and it gets rejected, where does it go? Off to a RF library? An NE? Another exclusive? Do you have a stable of libraries that take similar tracks so you can get a second opinion to possibly accepted. Do you completely rework the track and resubmit (yes I know “it depends”, but guess i’m asking in general)? Personally I hate the idea of putting that work in in to have z rack essentially go to waste?

Bonus question: Are you noticing that a certain percentage of your tracks do or don’t get used? What is it? Say, 1 in 4? 1 in 2?

#28062 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

I generally don’t do exclusives. That being said I seldom, if ever, give up an a track. If it’s rejected one place I will send off to other libraries.

As for your bonus question. Don’t have stats on that but I find that most tracks will get used, somewhere, sometime.

#28063 Reply
    Vlad
    Participant

Chuck, never give up on a track. I had an NE urban track that two libraries passed on. Fast forward two years, that same unchanged track placed in several shows, one of which just kicked back over $2500 for one placement. And a second story: I had an epic orchestral track get rejected by a couple bigger libraries, so I turned that track NE and distributed it. This track ended up getting a placement in a feature film. I’m not saying it was an incredible movie, but you never know where or how they can be used.

#28066 Reply
    Paolo

Don’t have stats on that but I find that most tracks will get used, somewhere, sometime.

Same here.

Do you completely rework the track and resubmit

Yes. Although I’ve been fortunate with this from the beginning.

The very first library I worked with liked my composing/songwriting chops but my production chops weren’t quite there yet. So they would give me feedback on what they specifically wanted me to change “production-wise” for them to be able to use the track.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Rejected tracks…..
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us