Repurposing Old Tracks

Home Forums Share It! Repurposing Old Tracks

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

This topic has come up before but I thought I would bring it up again. Mainly because we recently received a fat sync fee for a repurposed track. This is the second time this particular track has paid off handsomely.

I’ve always been a fan of looking back at older tracks and giving them a new life. Maybe through re-structuring, adding instruments, changing beats, software tricks, anything for a fresh take. In this most recent example I took an old country track, added a banjo and, in the spirit of Gangsta Grass, added a hip hop feel to it (in reality a half time feel). Here’s the video https://vimeo.com/433160569.

Here’s an older thread on the same topic:

Recycled some music : would like some experienced heads to give me some advice

Anyone else have any similar stories?

#36970 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Bump

#36983 Reply
    Tbone
    Participant

Wow, that is a really great track, and fits the commercial perfectly! Did you play in the fiddle/violin live?
    Yes, reworking tracks is something I’ve done quite a bit to make additional versions for the same library. Some have gone on to do better than the originals..

#36984 Reply
    Denbo_17
    Participant

Congrats Art… I’ll do a review of my tracks as I can use some Handsome Payouts…
    You may have benefitted from the “Old Town Road” success as well… Good thinking if that was intentional.

#36985 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Thanks Tbone and Denbo_17. Fiddle was live in Nashville about 25 years ago. I know about “Old Town Road” but the re-purposing was done before that. I was inspired by the group Gangsta Grass.

#36992 Reply
    Spike

Great idea and track Art! It’s a “green” track to begin with and by repurposing, gives it even more options.

#36998 Reply
    Rhythmscott
    Participant

Sweet track, Art! Love the vibe, great arrangement and riffs.

#37007 Reply
    cyberk91
    Participant

very nice track Art !……..ya killed it

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: Reply #37007 in Repurposing Old Tracks
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us