Retitling Question

Home Forums General Questions Retitling Question

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    erock
    Participant

I have 50-60 cues with a non-exclusive library. I found another non-ex library I was interested in signing up with…. then I find out they don’t take ‘retitling’ or some wording to that effect. I was shocked. So by retitling my non-exclusive songs, library one has more or less got an exclusive lock on them because other library’s won’t take retitled tracks?

I thought the deal was that library1 titles it so they get the income from their plays, and library2 does the same.

#26898 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

So by retitling my non-exclusive songs, library one has more or less got an exclusive lock on them because other library’s won’t take retitled tracks?

No, that’s not true. I think there is more to the story with library 2’s response.

#26901 Reply
    erock
    Participant

Then why would they say they don’t take retitled tracks? They are non-exclusive. I thought that was the whole point of staying non-ex. Is it against the rules to name the library?

#26902 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Then why would they say they don’t take retitled tracks? They are non-exclusive. I thought that was the whole point of staying non-ex. Is it against the rules to name the library?

Maybe that want your original title and they will append a code. Why don’t you ask them?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Reply #26898 in Retitling Question
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us