Rough LUFS/TP target for Stock Music?

Home Forums General Questions Rough LUFS/TP target for Stock Music?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    BeatSqueezer
    Participant

Hey everyone. I see a lot of material on the internet regarding LUFS in terms of Streaming Platforms, however I am having a hard time finding information about a general LUFS/TP target numbers for stock music? Can anyone point me in the right direction about this?

While I certainly don’t want any of my tracks to distort or clip etc. I feel as though when I tried to master a few tracks to around -13 LUFS (integrated) and making sure my True Peak was around -1 to -2dB, and then compared the “loudness” of it to tracks on most library sites, mine sounds low in volume. I don’t want to be in “loudness war” mode but at the same time, if a potential customer has their volume set at a certain level for what’s mostly in the library and then my track comes along and it just seems low in volume they will perceive it as being “wrong” or not as good perhaps in quality. Any thoughts on this?

Many thanks!
    Todd

#35538 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster
    #35838 Reply
    echoflex
    Participant

@beatsqueezer
    I wouldn’t worry about it. Just master your tracks as professionally as you can in the ballpark of what you hear out in library land. As a video editor who is getting piles of library tracks to go through and pick for a promo or tv spot, I’m not concerned about LUFS.The music will be mixed under the VO most likely and if the tv spot is going to broadcast, the mixer will mix everything to the spec of the distribution network.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Reply #35538 in Rough LUFS/TP target for Stock Music?
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us