Royalties on WE TV

Home Forums General Questions Royalties on WE TV

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    michal
    Participant

Hello everybody!

I recently got some traction on a couple of hip-hop TV shows on the WE channel, and I wonder what kind of royalties I can expect. Since the beginning of January, I’ve had ca. 100 airings, ranging anywhere between 8 and 33 seconds each.

I’m based in Switzerland (SUISA), so it’ll take some time till the royalties find their way to me. So, I’m just curious – should I expect pennies or dollars per airing?

Thanks a lot!

#39623 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Probably pennies or a total of very low dollars.

#39624 Reply
    michal
    Participant

Thanks a lot, Art! That’s quite sobering.

#39626 Reply
    Music1234
    Participant

Hi all, while Art correctly answered the question in one short sentence, I will point out to all new youngsters and new folks Seeking input from Music Library Report that tv performance royalties are always based on the same data point everywhere and that is QUANTITY OF VIEWERS.

If your music is on a show where everyone in the country or world is watching, your royalties are going to pay very well.

If your music broadcasts on some obscure TV channel with just a very, small “tiny” segment of the population watching, your royalties will be
    pennies per show. We do see a lot of .01 cent, .19 cent, .03 cent royalties on PRO statements…you get the idea,

We have even seen $O royalties on PRO statements! LOL! (Why bother drafting a line item for $0 ASCAP?)…. but for some reason they report an event and award it.

You have to cheer for your tracks to broadcast to millions of folks watching TV, and you cheer for your music to broadcast on tv every day, everywhere. You hope and pray that the usage of your music gets documented and reported to your PRO by professionals who care about music producers, composers, songwriters, and publishers.

#39660 Reply
    COTK
    Participant

It depends on the show I have seen dollars when it comes to shows like “Growing Up Hip Hop ”
    which is one of there biggest shows and they re-run the heck out of that show.

#39661 Reply
    michal
    Participant

Thank you, Music1234 and COTK. Yes, it is mostly “Growing Up Hip Hop”, and a little bit of “Love After Lockup”.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Royalties on WE TV
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us