Royalty free music and other non-exclusive libraries

Home Forums Newbie Questions Royalty free music and other non-exclusive libraries

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    A_Mas
    Participant

Hi all,
    first thing first, thanks Art to put together this incredible service that’s helping me very much to get started.
    I apologize for the newbie question but I would like to ask for some help to clarify something.
    I started to put my music in some royalty free libraries (e.g. Pond5): the tracks have been accepted and placed in the catalogue. I thought that those kind of libraries were a good place to start but now, a few months after starting to try my hand at this business, I’ve had some of my tracks accepted to other non-exclusive libraries that are not RF (e.g. Crucial).
    My question is: is it ok to have the same tracks with both RF and non-RF (but non-exclusive of course) libraries? Can I upload on RF sites tracks that are with non-RF libraries?
    If it is ok, is it something that you would recommend?

I’m sure this would depend on the kind of contract signed with each library, but I was hoping to have some general guidelines.
    Thank you very much in advance!

#26295 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

is it ok to have the same tracks with both RF and non-RF (but non-exclusive of course) libraries? Can I upload on RF sites tracks that are with non-RF libraries?

The simple answer is yes. Unless there was some sort of clause to the contrary it’s not a problem. For example, I have the same music at Crucial and P5.

#30881 Reply
    Mistergreen
    Participant

Hi Art,
    Do you keep the titles the same on both sites?

Thanks!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Reply #26295 in Royalty free music and other non-exclusive libraries
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us