Searching Large BMI Catalog

Home Forums General Questions Searching Large BMI Catalog

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    MM_Musicworks
    Participant

Hello All!

My catalog on BMI has now gone to over 700 titles… this is because a famous RF co. registered all my tracks on their site to my BMI account… this forms about 650 tracks from that famous RF site alone.

Yesterday, I noticed that my BMI registrations had gone up by 1. But, there is no way (that I know of) to find out what track that is and which company registered it. Going through 700 entries with the naked eye is not a laughable task (or maybe it is… LOL)

Does anyone know any method to sort the BMI catalog digitally and make finding new entries simpler?

Thank you! 🙂

#35787 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Does anyone know any method to sort the BMI catalog digitally and make finding new entries simpler?

No but you can contact them and they will send you a spreadsheet/csv file of all your registrations. That might help.

#35788 Reply
    MM_Musicworks
    Participant

Thanks Art! Thats very helpful.

#35789 Reply
    LAwriter
    Participant

No but you can contact them and they will send you a spreadsheet/csv file of all your registrations. That might help.

I asked for exactly that in January. No reply. Still waiting,,,,,

#35794 Reply
    Brian Curtin
    Participant

When using the BMI catalog search window, here is a workaround I have used to see the most current registrations.

Title and/or Participant – Select this one
    Include background cues – Uncheck this one
    Include registered works – Select this one
    Last Name/Publisher – Type in your last name (or a particular publisher)
    Registration Date: Put in the date you want to search from (09/15/2020)

With this search criteria, only the current registrations will show up based on the date you enter.

#35795 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Thanks Brian, good one!

#35796 Reply
    boinkeee2000
    Participant

what a great tip brian, thanks! no need to copy paste and sort in excel anymore

#35797 Reply
    MM_Musicworks
    Participant

Wow that is awesome! Just what I needed! Thank you Brian!

#35798 Reply
    LAwriter
    Participant

NEVERMIND!! I see you are searching from inside your account, and not from the BMI Repertoire search on the front page of there website. Got it!! Thanks

When using the BMI catalog search window, here is a workaround I have used to see the most current registrations.

Title and/or Participant – Select this one
    Include background cues – Uncheck this one
    Include registered works – Select this one
    Last Name/Publisher – Type in your last name (or a particular publisher)
    Registration Date: Put in the date you want to search from (09/15/2020)

With this search criteria, only the current registrations will show up based on the date you enter.

Brian, I can’t find those choices on the BMI Repertoire search engine. Can you (or someone else who pulled this off) link to the page you’re searching on? I tried a couple different browsers, and I just don’t have those options. Thanks.

#35799 Reply
    LAwriter
    Participant

PS – Art – thanks again!!!

#35806 Reply
    johnnyboy
    Participant

Thank goodness ASCAP always lists by date of submission. Any new title goes on top the list and highlighted. I wish they’d do the same for cue sheets. Sometimes it takes me an hour to find new cue sheets.

Joh

#35813 Reply
    Michael Nickolas
    Participant

Yeah, I could never find a single new cue sheet. It’s hard enough just to find a new series.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Reply To: Reply #35789 in Searching Large BMI Catalog
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us