Self Licensing via website for Royalty-free?

Home Forums General Questions Self Licensing via website for Royalty-free?

Viewing 14 posts - 61 through 74 (of 74 total)
  • Author
    AKMusicProductions
    Participant

Nice Emmett!!!

Are you offering this up as a product for sale? I know you’re still working on it but I’m unclear as to your intent… Is this something you’re designing for your website or as a product you will market (or both)?  — Andy

#8973 Reply
    AKMusicProductions
    Participant

I know (Emmett), you’re still in “BETA” mode… but are you considering different options for the Tagging and Genres categories. I ask because, as it appears now… there’s no way that those descriptors are enough. A drop down menu might work but I like how Soundcloud allows you to define your descriptors per upload. Anyway… just thinking out loud, I guess.  It looks very sleek considering you’re in the beginning stages. Good luck and consider me a customer! 😉 — Andy

#9091 Reply
    Emmett Cooke
    Participant

Hi AKMP, yes in terms of genres and tags, you actually create your own ones which you can then select when you upload a track 🙂

#9328 Reply
    Mark Lewis

Hi, just wanted to post the link to our music licensing software website
    http://www.musiclicensingsoftware.com/
    We are moving along and will have an installable version available fairly soon.
    Hit the contact link if you are interested in this and we will keep you updated on beta versions and other news. Also let us know if you have any suggestions or comments via the contact link.
    Thanks,
    Mark

#10596 Reply
    Emmett Cooke
    Participant

Hey guys,

Emmett here – just to let you know, I’ve setup a landing page for this now and you can sign up to get notified when its released and get it at a discounted rate too:

http://musiclicensingplugin.com/

Thanks!

#10603 Reply
    Happy Ears
    Participant

The field for signing up doesn’t seem to work. Is this plug a separate thing from the website template your were developing? Eagerly awaiting to see solutions from you and Mark, as upon finding this tread I was thinking about hiring a programmer myself…

#10604 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

@HappyEars: As far as I know Mark dropped his project. Too bad as I was looking forward to it.

#10605 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

@Emmett: Signup form not working.

#10606 Reply
    Emmett Cooke
    Participant

Hi guys, sorry about that – were you getting an error message saying “Floatbox doesn’t support quiks mode?”

If so, could you try again – it should be working now 🙂

#10607 Reply
    Adam

I like the idea of marks site , Art you say that Mark has dropped the idea, do you know if that’s definite or maybe it’s still going ? I see that on google the concept is still there http://musiclicensingsoftware.com/ , maybe Mark can chime in ? Probably with a tad dar it’s here post! Hopefully

#10608 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

@Adam. As far as I know it was definite.

#10609 Reply
    Adam

Hi art
    As in definitely not going ahead or it is definaely going ahead ? Sorry im guessing you mean not going Ahead. That’s a pity, it sounds like he certainly had out his time into the idea after reading this thread and all his ideas, I’m sure it would have been popular. Oh well, looks like I will have to look at other avenues, is wordpress a good platform to get someone to build a site on ? Any drawbacks with wordpress ?

#10612 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Not going ahead.

You can check my site built on WordPress. Not perfect but functional.
    http://www.artmunsonmusic.com

I did spend some money on custom programing the playlist function and grouping of alt mixes (about $2k) but you could get away without it. Without it there is the shopping cart software (eStore – about $50), a bunch of free plugins and what ever your hosting cost (about $10 per month for me). And, a lot of time learning and building it!

Only had one sale so far but haven’t had much time to go out and promote it yet.

#10615 Reply
    adam

thanks art – thats a pity.
    your site looks awesome – thats no small feet to have made that – hope you get more sales when you have time to publicise it – looks great

Viewing 14 posts - 61 through 74 (of 74 total)
Reply To: Reply #8659 in Self Licensing via website for Royalty-free?
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us