Should I rename my songs for each Non-Exc and RF library where I place my Music?

Home Forums General Questions Should I rename my songs for each Non-Exc and RF library where I place my Music?

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Walden
    Participant

MichaelL, I mean Non-Exc libraries that that reports to PRO´S. In your opinion, there’s no problem with putting that same music on RF sites?

#31556 Reply
    MichaelL
    Participant

I mean Non-Exc libraries that that reports to PRO´S. In your opinion, there’s no problem with putting that same music on RF sites?

If the agreement is truly non-exclusive, there’s nothing contractually to prevent you from putting the same music into RF libraries. As far as reputation goes, if you’re talking about the kind of libraries that send their catalog in bulk to editors and music sups, I’m not sure that anyone cares if you have the same tracks in RF libraries.

An issue could arise if you belong to a non-US PRO that has the exclusive right to control the music that you’ve registered with them and does not allow members to direct license their music.

#31557 Reply
    Walden
    Participant

Thanks MichaelL, your comments are very useful for the decisions I am making.

#31568 Reply
    Dan W

I know Google punishes duplicate content in searches, like two web pages containing the same content. That being said, I have not bothered to re-title my track on various online libraries. It is a lot of work to track different variations on my paperwork, and there doesn’t seem to be enough benefit. I will alter the descriptions a bit depending on the field requirements of the library.

Other times I change the track title because of the way the music was submitted. For example, AJ allows you to bundle track variations into a .zip file, but P5 only takes single tracks. In this case, I’d upload the compiled zip to AJ under one title, and the different variations to P5 with more specific titles to note the differences in instrumentation, etc.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
Reply To: Reply #31568 in Should I rename my songs for each Non-Exc and RF library where I place my Music?
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us