Site Format

Home Forums General Questions Site Format

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Advice
    Participant

Hi Art
    Not a complaint, just commentary. When you said you were moving to a forum format, I guess I didn’t realize the site would be split with libraries the old way and general subjects in forum format. I find this distracting and confusing.

Now this is easy for ME to say since *I* wouldn’t have to do the work required: I would move EVERYTHING to forum format including the libraries. Yes, it would require the effort to create a “Library” section and a thread title for each of the libraries you have now. How you would make it accessible to only paid members is something I don’t know at all.

I’ve had very good experiences with ProBoards for forums. My guess is that software is much more feature rich than WordPress for forums (though I claim no expertise).

I know you can’t please everyone. Just my first gut reaction.

🙂

#5367 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

The problem with trying to move everything to the forum format is that there are over 17,000 posts and comments. There may be software to do that at some point but I doubt I would even attempt it if there were.

The library stuff will stay as is and general conversations will be carried on in the forums.

#5442 Reply
    Rob (Cruciform

Hey Art,

Great to see there’s now a forum section. Thanks for all your hard work. 🙂

#5443 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Thanks Rob!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Reply #5443 in Site Format
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us