Small Town Hero

Home Forums Critiques Small Town Hero

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    BenG
    Participant

Hey everyone! Here is a fun, family, adventure track! Had a blast writing this small trailer piece, hope you enjoy it?

Small Town Hero

#30979 Reply
    cozyhand3
    Participant

Great work BenG! Sorta reminds me of something used in a Superman movie.
    Thanks for sharing.

#30980 Reply
    BenG
    Participant

Thank you so much and glad you liked it!

#31045 Reply
    cyberk91
    Participant

nice one BenG….most impressive…one suggestion I felt no depth…needs some sub or more bottom…IMHO….do you use a sub … I listen back to trailers with a sub I gotta feel it…

#31052 Reply
    BenG
    Participant

Thanks so much and appreciate the mixing feedback!

In answer to your question, I do not use a sub and you are not the first one to mention the lack of bass! Unfortunately, I am using headphones which is not ideal but will be sure to punch up the bass going forward! 🙂

#31053 Reply
    cyberk91
    Participant

hey Ben you can mix with headphones (I mix with both monitors, headphones and use the cheap Apple white “things” to check my mix why because I see so many people using these to listen to their phones or tablets or whatever)…….just got to get the right ones and mix into them….here is a great vid by a guy I kinda follow sometimes he’s chalk full of little nuggets ….hope this helps…..

#31055 Reply
    Keith
    Participant

Hello BenG.

The emotional arc of this piece is fantastic! I’m curious, did you compose it with a timeline, story board, or a description from a client?

Thanks for any insight.

#31060 Reply
    BenG
    Participant

@Cyberk91, Thanks for sending this along, lots of good stuff!

I think the key is learn what your headphone’s/monitor’s/studio’s tendencies and mix accordingly once you know what is lacking/present. I’ve also heard tons of good things about Sonarworks and should check them out!

#31061 Reply
    BenG
    Participant

Hey Keith! Thanks for the kind words 🙂

As for the ‘arc’, I actually did not use any storyboard/client brief but did follow a simple musical structure, which I had outlined beforehand. Globally, I used an AABA form with a few different add-ons here and there. Basically, the track follows…

Intro – A – Sequence – A2 – Sequence – B – Sequence – A3 – Codetta – Cadential

Hope this helps and please feel free to reach out if you have any other questions!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: Reply #31053 in Small Town Hero
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us