So who’s going to buy Heavyocity Damage 2?

Home Forums Feedback So who’s going to buy Heavyocity Damage 2?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Pat
    Participant

So who’s going to buy Heavyocity Damage 2? 199.00 since I have the Original damage.
    Don’t really want to cough that up right now but I Really won’t want to pay an additional $100 when the intro price offer ends so…..Just starting to comb through the Youtube videos.I have old cues using Damage 1 back in 2012 that are still airing today so I think I made up my mind without even learning much about it yet but I always go through this mental exercise to clear my conscience first.Then I dive in and buy it anyway.

Update: Who am I kiddin? Downloading now and I’ll worry about what it does later.

#35511 Reply
    uniqueplace
    Participant

Im gonna buy it but to use only for original music purposes.

The temptation (in production music)is too high to use the loops, even if you are creatives with them, and the problem with library music is other composers will use the same loops as you and it will create sooner false positives on Tunesat / Vericast.

The thing I’m more and more sure is the more loops you use, the more false positives you get on music recognition services like Tunesat, and the less money you get from these tracks because it creates many issues between different production labels and writers who claim these tracks at the same time.

#35512 Reply
    Pat
    Participant

Well, speaking for myself,I’ve never made software decisions based on a recognition service. The only music recognition service I’m concerned with right now is BMI and who uses the cues. They send the money. Had Damage since 2012 as well as other software similar to it. Never had a problem like that but again, maybe that’s just me.

#35513 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Well, speaking for myself,I’ve never made software decisions based on a recognition service. The only music recognition service I’m concerned with right now is BMI and who uses the cues.

I’m with you Pat!

#35514 Reply
    Pat
    Participant

Whats going to be funny is all the music supervisors are suddenly going to be flooded with action/trailer/sports cues all sounding like Heavyocity. lol!

#35516 Reply
    woodsdenis
    Participant

I got it straight away , great sounds and a big expansion on the original. I really dont see the issue with false positives on tunesat etc unless loads of composers do all drum cues at the same tempo and with the same patches. Hardly likely is it ? By its very nature it’s a library for supporting rhythms underneath melody and harmonic content.

#35515 Reply
    uniqueplace
    Participant

Well, I’m just giving an advice regarding the LOOPS, not the use of the single sounds.
    I have put my whole catalogue on vericast and the system, widely used by PROs worldwide, detects a lot of false positive especially on cues that use loops like Damage 1, the famous epic tech menu for instance. Also, a lot of cues where I used some Heavyocity Evolve Mutations or Evolve AEON melodic loops, I get a lot of detections of cues that are clearly not mine, although the loops in question sound the same.

I’m just trying to be on the PRO side. What do you think the PROs will do when they detect multiples cues with the same loops ? do you think they go as far in their research. Imagine that particular cue is not registered or the cue sheet is incomplete. Well I guess the most powerful publisher (like Sony, Universal or whatever) will get the money because one of their track was false-detected in that particular show because of a loop.

I’m just warning composers : you should really not use any premade loops, especially the one from Heavyocity which are highly recognizable and so effective that many composers use them instantly after buying them.
    IMO, the loops are disturbing PROs in the money collection. It makes their life harder to recognize which cues belong to which composers.
    The problem is almost non existent with totally original tracks, as recognition system never make any false positive when the content is completely original with no loops.

#35522 Reply
    LAwriter
    Participant

and the problem with library music is other composers will use the same loops as you and it will create sooner false positives on Tunesat / Vericast.

True, but it cuts both directions – I’m not really concerned with it. I’m not really sure what good Tunesat is anyway. I’ve got thousands of verified performances on them that BMI won’t pay out on. Probably some cue sheet f up.

#35527 Reply
    Hanno

I am on Bmat-Soundmouse and partially tunesat(very expensive). Here Gema accepts only tunesat data if I have a paid account! But after I sent those exported csv files and swore that I didn’t manipulate them, they obliged! If you only have a free acc. bmi might behave the same way?

#35528 Reply
    cyberk91
    Participant

I hear Damage in alot of Film and TV movies and series…. it’s a widely used piece of software like word or excel………oh waiter I’ll take another piece of omnisphere with a side of damage 🙂 …does anyone know how the algorithms in these detection services really work? …like Pat I wouldn’t let it be a show stopper……….just saying

my verdict is still out on Damage 2

#35531 Reply
    LAwriter
    Participant

If you only have a free acc. bmi might behave the same way?

Nope. No go on BMI. Warner Chappell PM can’t even get them to acknowledge the performances. And out of 500+ Tunesat detections, I listened to a substantial portion of them, and they were 100% accurate from what I could tell. I had no “generic” loops. Real instruments, and the detections were very accurate.

#35595 Reply
    cyberk91
    Participant
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Reply To: Reply #35513 in So who’s going to buy Heavyocity Damage 2?
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us