Software for creating synth type effects for sampled sounds?

Home Forums Software Software for creating synth type effects for sampled sounds?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Chuck Mott

I am beginning to get really interested in exploring synthesizers/sound synthesis and find the concepts really interesting. I was wondering if anyone knew of different software/plugins that could emulate some of what synthesizers could commonly do, for some of my other recorded sounds. For example, sound toys has crystallizer, which applies granular synthesis types of things to whatever I want to record. But how about things like FM synthesis and modulating filters ( other then say, Filter Freak, or Volcano? Or are those really the best options for his stuff). Kind of a half formed idea so I am hoping someone who has explored this can shed some light and maybe point me in a direction for some neat new plug ins or at least learning resources? Or am I relegated to doing a lot of that stuff in Kontakt or dragging wave files into , say, the new version of Omnisphere? Thanks!

#21673 Reply
    ChuckMott
    Participant

Let me rephrase a little bit. Omnispere 2.0 just came out, and lets you bring your audio into it and apply synthesized effects, etc to your audio. WOndering what other dedicated effects are out there that would let you apply stuff to acoustic, electric guitars and other instruments?

#21675 Reply
    MichaelL
    Participant
    #21685 Reply
    Rob (Cruciform)

Chuck, are you basically after creative processing effects to use as inserts or on sends?

If so…

Absynth
    Reaktor
    Guitar Rig
    Camelspace (if you can get it anywhere)
    Turnado (and other Sugar Bytes effects)
    Audio Damage family
    Rob Papen Delay
    Eventide H3000 plug

That’s off the top of my head.

#21689 Reply
    Chuck Mott

Thanks guys for those. Rob, the idea wa looking for more dedicated processors/effects that would do some of the things that a synth can do. FOr example they have granular synth, programs that modulates filter. The new Omnisphere has sampled as well as wave based sounds, but now also lets you import your audio and apply all their synthesis stuff to your samples. But basically looking for something that can take your audio and allow you to create unique sounds with it.

#21690 Reply
    Rob (Cruciform)

Alright, so what Michael mentioned, plus Absynth and Padshop Pro. Also Alchemy if you can find a copy for resale.

#21692 Reply
    Chuck Mott

Absolutely, thanks for the suggestions, Michael, Rob. Iris is very neat looking and pretty much what I was looking for. I have the free version of Alchemy, not sure if it will work. By way of example, doing this stuff in Omnisphere ( really don’t want to make this an ad for Omnisphere but is the synth I pretty much use most of the time) taking their dry nylon string guitar on one side and a sine wave on the other, running it through amplitube and soundtoys. Fun diversion and cool sounding and seems to be a way to come up with sounds on my own that don’t sound quite as standard similar to the preset patches everyone else is using.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: Software for creating synth type effects for sampled sounds?
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us