Solo instrumental tracks..

Home Forums General Questions Solo instrumental tracks..

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Jay

Just wondering what everyone’s thoughts were on these…I’ve been doing some simple yet moody/dramatic instrumental guitar tracks (one guitar) and find I can bang them out quite quickly..after listening back I can’t help but wonder if music like this is easier to use by MS’s and the guys mixing sound for these programs…no percussion,bass or anything..just the one instrument and an interesting melody/effects…anyone else doing this? if so with what instruments and are you getting placements?
    Jay

#11675 Reply
    Lupo
    Participant

we should really listen to something you did, but yes I did a few and placed them in motion pictures quite easily (meaning they’re easy to work with for editors).
    That however was pitched by me, not a library, directly.

#11677 Reply
    Jay

that should’ve read

Just wondering what everyone’s thoughts were on this

I was really just wondering about the idea of doing solo instrumental tracks..that’s great that you’ve got some placements though..the idea actually came from something I heard in a couple of my favorite movies..they were simple solo instrumentals that supported the scene extremely well but didn’t get in the way…

#11678 Reply
    Lupo
    Participant

the idea to me came from the film director who placed in the rough cut some solo instrumental music which he could not really afford 🙂

#11804 Reply
    Bryan
    Participant

I know solo instrument music mainly from sitcoms in between scenes. Seinfeld for example always uses those short bass guitar runs

#11807 Reply
    Jay

I know solo instrument music mainly from sitcoms in between scenes. Seinfeld for example always uses those short bass guitar runs

that always comes to mind when I think about solo tracks too…I was actually watching Adventureland & That Thing You Do (for the thousandth time 🙂 )
    and noticed some solo pieces in those movies..I banged about 10 dramatic/mysterious solo pieces out and submitted them..we’ll see…I did notice after listening back that they seemed to pack more of a dramatic punch than full tracks with percussion/bass etc…and of course they’re pretty easy to write..Jay

#11819 Reply
    euca

The Oneders from Erie,PA!! Love that movie, I think I’m right there with you, watched it about 1,000 times.

#11820 Reply
    Jay

The Oneders from Erie,PA!! Love that movie, I think I’m right there with you, watched it about 1,000 times.

You gotta be quick…I’m from Erie PA 🙂 (playing cards scene in bar)

Truly a great movie..I grew up in the sixties (as a kid) and lived in Erie for awhile, the Pittsburgh area and Buffalo…not only is that a great story but they nailed the scenery and vibe of that time..it’s like going back in time for me..Jay

#11916 Reply
    Danny
    Participant

I love that movie. Perfectly executed from top to bottom. One of the best “music movies” ever.

This is a great idea, and I may try this myself with guitar and bass. One thing I will mention that I learned recently via one library’s page: if you’re planning on using a sampled instrument, make sure the EULA allows for tracks of isolated instruments.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: Solo instrumental tracks..
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us