Some feedback would be very helpful :-)

Home Forums Critiques Some feedback would be very helpful :-)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Glenn
    Participant

Hey all,

My first 2 cue’s are online and I have 18 variations online. 1 cinematic trailer and 1 summer chill track. Some professional opinion would be great.

I tried to add the links with the link button but I guess I did something wrong hopefully this wil work.

https://www.pond5.com/stock-music/90465078/advanced-simplicity-cinematic-storytelling-trailer-vocals.html

https://www.pond5.com/stock-music/91650278/summer-pop-beach-walk-full-version.html

Thanks!
    Glenn

#30397 Reply
    cyberk91
    Participant

Hey Glen these tracks were soundcloud for a moment you must have changed your mind.. Your tracks seem to be well thought out and are arranged well…on the other hand some of your samples seem dated to me …also when I do transitions I use risers, whitenoise, stutters or such to give warning …here comes the change …When I do cinematic stuff I gravitate to Damage by native instruments it has great transistors for cinematic stuff..but this is all personal choice….on the second tracks your synth not sure if it was midi or not seemed way to bright…I hope this helps…keep up the good work!

#30398 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Hey Glen these tracks were soundcloud for a moment you must have changed your mind..

No, my goof. He had posted twice and I deleted wrong one.

#30400 Reply
    Glenn
    Participant

Hey Glen these tracks were soundcloud for a moment you must have changed your mind.. Your tracks seem to be well thought out and are arranged well…on the other hand some of your samples seem dated to me …also when I do transitions I use risers, whitenoise, stutters or such to give warning …here comes the change …When I do cinematic stuff I gravitate to Damage by native instruments it has great transistors for cinematic stuff..but this is all personal choice….on the second tracks your synth not sure if it was midi or not seemed way to bright…I hope this helps…keep up the good work!

Hi Cyberk,

I think my first post was blocked at first because of the pond5 link. So nothing showed up. So I uploaded the soundcloud versions. Then I guess Art green-light my initial post.

I really wonder what samples are dated in you opinion? If you can point that out? It will help me a lot 🙂

I can only agree on the transitions in the cinematic!

Thank you for taking the time to listen. And yes it is helpful! for sure.

Glenn

#30401 Reply
    Glenn
    Participant
    #30402 Reply
    cyberk91
    Participant

Hey Glen I just thought on the cinematic track the open synth….reminded me of an 80s style synth….or maybe I’m wrong..with massive or Ominisphere you could blow me away at the beginning…if you take these to an exclusive your gonna need to wow them right out the gate…rise and hit cineMagic effects at the get go ..you could keep those synths and possibly layer them…make it wider and bigger…please understand these are just my observations…but these are good tracks just trying to help you make them bigger…peace out

#30403 Reply
    Glenn
    Participant

Hey Glen I just thought on the cinematic track the open synth….reminded me of an 80s style synth….or maybe I’m wrong..with massive or Ominisphere you could blow me away at the beginning…if you take these to an exclusive your gonna need to wow them right out the gate…rise and hit cineMagic effects at the get go ..you could keep those synths and possibly layer them…make it wider and bigger…please understand these are just my observations…but these are good tracks just trying to help you make them bigger…peace out

I was thinking and thinking … mmm what is a dated sound in these 2 cue’s.

But then you mentioned 80’s style synth. And yess there is U-he Diva in it and it is a Jan Hammer kind of Roland sound that you hear there. And it is actually very dated indeed. (Haha) I just love those sounds and they feel timeless for me. But your so right it is a fact and it is actually dated to probably most of us and i get that completely.

This is a very good question. What sounds not dated and also is still relevant in 5 or 10 years. 🙂

Thanks cyberk91 that was an eye opener for me and a nice look from another perspective!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: Reply #30398 in Some feedback would be very helpful :-)
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us