Something looks strange with this royalty

Home Forums General Questions Something looks strange with this royalty

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    TimU
    Participant

Anyone have anything like this happen before? I logged in to my PRO a few nights ago, to register some songs, and saw I had a royalty coming from a show in Canada that placed one of my songs. I started looking into the show, and found the show first aired in Feb of 2015. The performance period was July 2016 to Sept 2016. What’s strange about this is that this song wasn’t in a library until Nov 2016, and I wrote the song in Aug 2016. I contacted my PRO, still waiting to hear from them.

#28389 Reply
    Alan
    Participant

TimU,
    My experience is about 10% error rate on cue sheets. Some cost me, some are in my favor. I have a small SNL placement with both writer/publisher share that has made me nearly $1K over the years. I’ve never seen it and Tunesat has never picked it up. I wonder if it is really in the show (I have not gone looking).
    Conversely I have a 2:00 placement on a popular MTV show that airs a LOT and my track was not on the cue sheet. I went after that one and got it corrected. I was told I’ll get my “back” back end in my October payout.

#28390 Reply
    TimU
    Participant

Thanks Alan,
    So it could be an error on the cue sheet, and I’ll get paid for it anyway? You never know what will happen in the music business!
    I’m glad to hear you’re getting your back end royalty! This seems to be more of the common problem with cues (not getting paid for a song). I’m glad you got that corrected.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Something looks strange with this royalty
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us