Song Trust

Home Forums Copyright Questions Song Trust

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    el_mono
    Participant

Happy new year to you all!

Does anyone here have any experience in working with Song Trust?

I’m a UK based writer registered with PRS PRO but the vast majority of my work is for US based libraries and the royalties from those libraries are taking forever to filter through to PRS. I’m currently just starting to see royalties from tracks that were placed in libraries 2+ years ago.

I’m wondering if I should try out Song Trust to try and speed up the process or if I should register with a US PRO to move things along a little.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance

#19247 Reply
    macaent
    Participant

I don’t have any experience with them but my thinking would be if you add a link in the chain it would actually slow the process a bit more. That is indeed just a guess.

#19252 Reply
    Tbone
    Participant

I have quite a lot of royalties that come from the US to my PRS distributions. It takes about 6 months from the date of the US distribution to get mine from the PRS.

Which US PRO are your tracks registered with?

I personally wouldn’t recommend signing up to an intermediary. Everyone wants a cut.

#32342 Reply
    angopop
    Participant

I’ve been hearing about places like Songtrust and SoundExchange (which I know are set up entirely differently), but my question is this:

If most of my library music money comes from two sources, AS and P5, who I receive occasional payments from directly as well as through BMI, how will Songtrust and SoundExchange find additional money? Meaning, what will these two entities track and pay on that AS, P5 and BMI aren’t doing? And what will SoundExchange find that Songtrust doesn’t and vice versa?

#32343 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster
    #32344 Reply
    LAwriter
    Participant

Meaning, what will these two entities track and pay on that AS, P5 and BMI aren’t doing? And what will SoundExchange find that Songtrust doesn’t and vice versa?

I know NOTHING about sound trust,,,,but sound exchange pays out on “on line” performances…well, I guess you call them performances – from satellite radio and internet radio. NO STREAMING. Including spotify, youtube, and the like. Nothing that is “ON DEMAND”. Only “pre-programmed” sources. Like internet radio. I’ve got thousands of songs out in traditional and non traditional libraries, and none of them have seemed to cross over into sound exchange territory. Zip.

#32369 Reply
    angopop
    Participant

LAwriter: Same with me, I signed up with SoundExchange, and they have no money for me. That’s why I’m wondering about SongTrust and these other companies…

#32371 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

and none of them have seemed to cross over into sound exchange territory. Zip.

Same here. I wonder why I bother registering with them!

#32372 Reply
    Music1234
    Participant

Same here. I wonder why I bother registering with them!

I think we just never know. I was asking myself why am I spending a lot of frustrating time prepping spreadsheets for HFA, but boy am I glad I did! Soundexchange pays rights holders and featured artists for all radio including music choice, pandora, sirius

https://www.soundexchange.com/artist-copyright-owner/digital-royalties/

HFA pays Spotify streaming mechanicals, facebook, youtube, and all other digital streaming platforms.

We just never know where our music will end up so it’s always better to be over registered as opposed to not registered at all.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: Reply #19247 in Song Trust
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us