Sound Exchange

Home Forums Contracts Sound Exchange

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Kenny
    Participant

I´m looking through a contract from a non-exclusive library and there is a part about this sound exchange service.

“The right to register the Licensed Work with the appropriate PRO as set forth in Article II above and, at Our option, to register each Licensed Work with SoundExchange or any other organization authorized to collect digital performing rights income and to collect all applicable digital sound recording performing rights income on behalf of the owner(s) of such Licensed Work;”

This is not some kind of Content ID service is it? No chance that my music will come up with copyright warnings on youtube videos etc. ?

#11851 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

This is not some kind of Content ID service is it?

Nope.

You should probably read this: http://www.soundexchange.com/about/

#11865 Reply
    Kenny
    Participant

Thanks a lot Art!
    Being not native english speaking, these contracts can be a bit hard to understand sometimes.

#16270 Reply
    Musicmatters
    Participant

Just came across this post. I have to be honest I have never quite really understood Sound Exchange but this is very intriguing.

http://www.digitalmusicnews.com/permalink/2014/05/08/soundexchange-screwing-me-out-of-money?utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=twitterfeed

Any experiences anyone would like to share. Thank you

#21251 Reply
    daveydad
    Participant

Wow, got my 2015 1st Q statement today from Soundexchange. Only been with them 3 quarters. Royalties went from $60 last quarter to $240 just for Pandora listens! That was with 2 albums; I have a 3rd approved and one under review. Hugely better than Spotify and worth trying to get your albums on there. Process time is slow though.

#21254 Reply
    MichaelL
    Participant

Congrats davydad!

#24111 Reply
    daveydad
    Participant

Been getting pretty decent royalties for Pandora streams the past year or so. Today my statement included royalties from AudioSparx. Think that’s related to their RadioSparx outlet?

#24112 Reply
    Barbie
    Participant

Hi daveydad,

SoundExchange royalties are related to statutory licensing that occurs for our music by sites like Google Play, Amazon, and other sites
    that license music via statutory licensing.

This generates royalties to ASCAP/BMI/SESAC as well as to SoundExchange.

I believe this is somewhat complicated, so if you have additional questions, please click CONTACT at our website for more info.

Hope that helps,
    Barbie

#24113 Reply
    daveydad
    Participant

Complicated or not, it’s nice to get something for it! Thanks.

#25083 Reply
    daveydad
    Participant

Anyone get their May 2016 royalties payment yet? Never had to wait this late…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Reply To: Reply #24111 in Sound Exchange
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us