Soundcloud and RF libraries

Home Forums Newbie Questions Soundcloud and RF libraries

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Wall_E
    Participant

Hello there!

I’m looking for a super quick info (total newbie here): am I allowed to post a song on soundcloud and, let’s say, after a year or so take it out from my profile and submit it to a RF library?

Thanks a lot

#23549 Reply
    Musicmatters
    Participant

Hi wall E

I don’t see your concern here. As long as you own the track you are free to post it wherever you like. Many of my RF non exclusive tracks are on Soundcloud as well as some exclusive tracks as well, for which you will need permission from the publisher to whom the track is signed. I hope that helps

#23550 Reply
    ChuckMott
    Participant

You can, but you run the risk of it being stolen , and used or posted for god knows what. I have some up there. Some libraries want you to post songs elsewhere rather then send directly to them, so soundcloud is an option for some of use who don’t see the point in having our own website. A lot of is don’t worry about it being lifted from there and a lot of pros have stuff posted there.

#23552 Reply
    Wall_E
    Participant

That’s great! Thank you guys. So I can upload my track on soundlcloud, than no need to worry about the fact that “that track was already on the internet before submitting it to RF libraries”.

Let’s say, instead, that I have a track on audiojungle. I thought I was only allowed to post that track, on soundcloud for example, with the audio watermark. Am I wrong?

#23553 Reply
    ErickMcNerney
    Participant

I don’t think it’s an official rule at AudioJungle. However, I’m sure it’s encouraged to use a watermarked track whenever posting. The only negative I see is that people get annoyed with hearing “Audiojungle” over and over, which I’ve actually had comments on before. But what is more important to you, protecting your music? or giving people your raw, unadulterated track? So I think it’s up to you.

#23558 Reply
    Edouardo
    Participant

No problem in posting on SC, but do watermark! The few tracks I had there without watermark are now for sale on gloomy Russian sites without my approval…

#23619 Reply
    Wall_E
    Participant

Thank you Erick and Edouardo. As far as watermarking is concerned, what do you think of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uP4V3_uSok ?

Could it be a wise strategy to add a unaudible watermark, so that it doesn’t annoy the listeners, that can be detected by, for ex, TuneSat?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: Soundcloud and RF libraries
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us