Soundcloud, Twitter, Facebook

Home Forums Online Promoting Soundcloud, Twitter, Facebook

Tagged: 

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

You can switch back to the old style by clicking on “More” at the top right, and then “Switch back to Classic SoundCloud”.  Visitors, however, will see the new version.

I don’t know a lot about it, but ReverbNation is another site where you can post tracks.

#11630 Reply
    Bryan

Really great information here! So far I used facebook ads. It’s a nice tool and usually they give you a 30$ voucher to give it a try. It generated me around 100 new followers per week. I also send my music to blogs and online radio stations, they can also create buzz for you.

#11936 Reply
    Krisztian Vass
    Participant

Hi All,

Has anyone tried headliner.fm?

It’s a social media post exchange. You post someone else’s stuff and someone else posts your stuff.

It works for me.

Just wanted to share this.

All the best,

Krisztian

#12939 Reply
    Grant

I tried headliner.fm and ended having an email fight with someone there after I cancelled my account (you have to actually ask them to do it and say why).This was a while back now, and if I recall, I checked out the facebook profile of the top “artist” they had featured on the site. Turns out that even though he had amassed 1000’s of followers, all he ever posted was just spam links. There was no interaction whatsoever. But in return for that he received credits. Seemed very dodgy.

It just seems the site was yet another example of a company making money off desperate musicians.

#12944 Reply
    Krisztian Vass
    Participant

Hi Grant

Headliner.fm was a bit of a learning experience for me too. After my first successful campaign they never reposted my second so I gave up on them. Today they sent me an email that they are ‘rebranding’ themselves. I think they realised that there was too much spam amongst the posts.

Another social media experiment for me is behance.net. I have actually met online film makers and creative people who I ended up collaborating with. I now have more than 600 followers there and I had several requests for music composition from some of them. This one is worth doing I think.

Best,

Krisztian

#12945 Reply
    Krisztian Vass
    Participant

Hi All,

Is anyone using twitmusic for promo?

Best,

Krisztian

#12948 Reply
    MuscoSound
    Participant

Hey Art,

Would it be ok to use this forum so that we can post our twitter names and follow each other?

#24650 Reply
    ChuckMott
    Participant

I guess I wanted to revive this question, specifically for Linked In. I was wondering if anyone found this site helpful for composers to make professional connections, whether it be music libraries, music supervisors, ad agencies, what have you. Has anyone really worked this site and had much success here building connections in the music world (one reason I ask is that I have an account there, but I am going to focus on making that my page more related to my day job, but only if other composers have not really found it helpful. Either way I want to start “working ” it. Thanks for responding.

#26862 Reply
    cmillar
    Participant

Does anyone use, or know much about, the validity of using ‘Orfium’ as a platform for putting up music tracks for previewing by prospective libraries or clients?

#26863 Reply
    Advice
    Participant

I think the problem was LinkedIn is it’s a vast wasteland of everyone and his brother (so to speak) making connections with everyone. For me personally, I find the site worthless. Others may disagree. My guess is you’d still probably have a better chance of getting a conversation going with a library exec or sup through direct email. For libraries, as you know, you can email through their websites. For sups, there are plenty of directories and lists out there.

My understanding (limited experience!) is success as far as contacting sups is not having a way to contact them but having done tons of homework on what they may need NOW and knowing what to say to and show them. They have thousands and thousands of people just like us up their butts all the time.

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 23 total)
Reply To: Reply #9210 in Soundcloud, Twitter, Facebook
Your information: