Soundcloud will now allow only 15 tracks for free users

Home Forums General Questions Soundcloud will now allow only 15 tracks for free users

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    MM_Musicworks
    Participant

Just recd a mail to this effect. Guess theyre cutting costs and trying to migrate people to the pro account. I use SC extensively for pitching to libraries. So the 15 track limit is very constraining.

Would love to hear recommendations on similar sites that offer free hosting/ streaming for more than 15 tracks.

Thank you!

#33699 Reply
    DavidM
    Participant

I suppose in effect Songtradr does this.

#33701 Reply
    MM_Musicworks

Thanks David… I am on Songtradr… will explore further.

#33702 Reply
    John Telaak

Ya..I got the email and reactivated my Soundclick account ~ https://www.soundclick.com/default.cfm the email had me confused though…it said something like past uploads will not be affected? not sure exactly what will happen on 12/9/19 with my tracks but I’ll move to SC and though I think it’s a joke I have a lot of tracks on Reverbnation (mp3s only allowed though)

#33703 Reply
    John Telaak

Why was my Soundclick post removed? also just saw that Distrokid is considering doing a free version of Soundcloud..just trying to help here?

#33704 Reply
    MM_Musicworks
    Participant

Hurrah for Distrokid… I hope they do it!

#33706 Reply
    BEATSLINGER
    Participant

I’ve made a good Chunk of Change, and have been successful with using them for “Link Access to Playlists”.
    Might as well give them a few dollars..

Also, I think this has something to do with their adding of new services that will make you money..

#33707 Reply
    MM_Musicworks
    Participant

Hi Beatslinger…

Thanks. For your reply.

Do you mean SC or Distrokid?

Thanks

#33708 Reply
    BEATSLINGER
    Participant

I was meaning Soundcloud.
    For what you are getting, and just the shear ease of it.
    It’s worth the couple of dollars.

Also, “some” of the0 companies that I have submitted to (for some reason) really prefer Soundcloud; even to a personal website..

#33711 Reply
    MM_Musicworks
    Participant

Thanks Beatslinger.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 19 total)
Reply To: Soundcloud will now allow only 15 tracks for free users
Your information: