Soundcloud will now allow only 15 tracks for free users

Home Forums General Questions Soundcloud will now allow only 15 tracks for free users

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    MM_Musicworks
    Participant

Just recd a mail to this effect. Guess theyre cutting costs and trying to migrate people to the pro account. I use SC extensively for pitching to libraries. So the 15 track limit is very constraining.

Would love to hear recommendations on similar sites that offer free hosting/ streaming for more than 15 tracks.

Thank you!

#33699 Reply
    DavidM
    Participant

I suppose in effect Songtradr does this.

#33701 Reply
    MM_Musicworks

Thanks David… I am on Songtradr… will explore further.

#33702 Reply
    John Telaak

Ya..I got the email and reactivated my Soundclick account ~ https://www.soundclick.com/default.cfm the email had me confused though…it said something like past uploads will not be affected? not sure exactly what will happen on 12/9/19 with my tracks but I’ll move to SC and though I think it’s a joke I have a lot of tracks on Reverbnation (mp3s only allowed though)

#33703 Reply
    John Telaak

Why was my Soundclick post removed? also just saw that Distrokid is considering doing a free version of Soundcloud..just trying to help here?

#33704 Reply
    MM_Musicworks
    Participant

Hurrah for Distrokid… I hope they do it!

#33706 Reply
    BEATSLINGER
    Participant

I’ve made a good Chunk of Change, and have been successful with using them for “Link Access to Playlists”.
    Might as well give them a few dollars..

Also, I think this has something to do with their adding of new services that will make you money..

#33707 Reply
    MM_Musicworks
    Participant

Hi Beatslinger…

Thanks. For your reply.

Do you mean SC or Distrokid?

Thanks

#33708 Reply
    BEATSLINGER
    Participant

I was meaning Soundcloud.
    For what you are getting, and just the shear ease of it.
    It’s worth the couple of dollars.

Also, “some” of the0 companies that I have submitted to (for some reason) really prefer Soundcloud; even to a personal website..

#33711 Reply
    MM_Musicworks
    Participant

Thanks Beatslinger.

#33714 Reply
    NY Composer
    Participant

I second that
    For 8 bucks a month, the Pro account gives you the ability to make many different playlists. That’s basically a trip to Starbucks.

I send many private playlists to demo submissions.

#33718 Reply
    MM_Musicworks
    Participant

Thanks NY Composer… I do that even now on the free account… Send pvt. playlists as submissions.

#33720 Reply
    Crow
    Participant

Just received an email from Soundcloud stating that they have been listening and ” We’ve decided not to roll out the change to our free upload limits, and will continue to refine our balance of free and paid offerings to make the platform as creative and accessible as possible while building a sustainable business”.

So, for now, the free accounts will stay as they were

#33721 Reply
    NY Composer
    Participant

MM Music,

Just curious. On the free account, can you see who listened to your play list and track other listeners?

I’m trying to remember why I paid for the Pro account :-).

#33722 Reply
    BEATSLINGER
    Participant

MM Music,

Just curious. On the free account, can you see who listened to your play list and track other listeners?

I’m trying to remember why I paid for the Pro account :-).

That’s one of The MAIN features that is worth the little extra. You can see all of your visits, playlists listens, etc.

On the free version it gives you very little information on this..

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
Reply To: Reply #33711 in Soundcloud will now allow only 15 tracks for free users
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us