Soundcloud will now allow only 15 tracks for free users

Home Forums General Questions Soundcloud will now allow only 15 tracks for free users

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    MM_Musicworks
    Participant

NY Composer, you see very limited stats on the free account… Like top countries and cities for geography and 1 top listener name.

It works for me because I dont have a page aimed to the public… I use SC only for library pitches. I know when my pitch is heard and thats enough for now.

Crow… Yes, looks like its business as usual for now.

#33724 Reply
    John Telaak

Got this email last night…

Upload limits
    are not
    changing on Monday
    For the last 12 years, SoundCloud has been the destination for millions of artists around the world like you to upload, share and find what’s next in music. Our mission is to empower you with the best tools to build and grow your career on your own terms, and to foster a community where creativity can thrive.

Earlier this week, we announced our intention to change our upload limit. We’ve spent the last few days since the announcement listening to you, learning from what you’ve said, and reflecting about what makes SoundCloud special as an open platform that helps creators of all types express themselves.

And we heard you. We’ve decided not to roll out the change to our free upload limits, and will continue to refine our balance of free and paid offerings to make the platform as creative and accessible as possible while building a sustainable business.

We’re excited for what’s ahead. We have a strong roadmap of new features, products and updates for you. And we’ll continue to gather support and feedback from you, the community of creators who have helped build SoundCloud into what it is today.

So keep it coming. Tell us what you think, what you want, and what you need. We are here, listening.

#33725 Reply
    Mc_GTR
    Participant

Yeah, well, they have to find a way to lose the freemium business model. It doesn’t work.

#34516 Reply
    cyberk91
    Participant

Passing this along I received in an email…..is it worth the effort to try and stream on SC…anyone streaming for revenue on SC….thanks…

Dear SoundCloud Creators,

Our team is humbled every day by the creativity and trust you share with SoundCloud, and we hope you and your loved ones are safe and healthy.

We are all facing an unprecedented situation. For those of you earning your living through music, and facing canceled shows or other lost income, the impact of Coronavirus (COVID-19) is especially hard-hitting.

To support our global creator community, SoundCloud is immediately launching a series of new initiatives:
    • A constantly updated resource guide to help you keep creating and building your career
    Our Keep the Music Going Guide is now live. It will be your source for daily updates on the best resources to support your career and maintain your well-being from across the web.
    • SoundCloud + Twitch livestreaming partnership
    We’ve partnered with Twitch to fast-track SoundCloud Pro, SoundCloud Premier and Repost by SoundCloud creators directly to Twitch Affiliate status so you can start earning money from your Twitch streams, instantly. Now, wherever you’re social distancing, you can connect instantly via livestream to millions of fans and get paid for your work.
    • 50% off SoundCloud Pro Unlimited subscriptions
    Today through Monday, March 30th we are offering our biggest-ever discount on our premium creator subscription plan, Pro Unlimited. SoundCloud Pro Unlimited helps you take your career to the next level no matter where you create and we want to make it as accessible as possible.
    • Live creator office hours with SoundCloud’s artist relations and marketing teams
    Beginning next week, the SoundCloud team will go live to host real-time discussions, AMAs and workshops to keep you moving forward no matter where you are in your career. Details will be announced here and via our social channels (@SoundCloud).
    We will continue to look for additional ways to support the global SoundCloud community in the weeks ahead. This will include financial and promotional support to organizations that provide creator services beyond what we can deliver on SoundCloud.

As always, we welcome your feedback and ideas. Please stay safe and healthy.

Kerry Trainor
    CEO, SoundCloud

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
Reply To: Reply #34516 in Soundcloud will now allow only 15 tracks for free users
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us