SoundExchange Applauds Fair Play Fair Pay Act Announcement

Home Forums News SoundExchange Applauds Fair Play Fair Pay Act Announcement

• This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by ENW1.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Art Munson
    Keymaster
    Thought I would re-post here as this is an important issue!
    WASHINGTON, DC – April 13, 2015 – In response to today’s press conference in New York City, announcing the Fair Play Fair Pay Act by Representatives Jerry Nadler (D-NY) and Marsha Blackburn (R-TN), SoundExchange issued the following statement from Michael Huppe, president and chief executive officer:”For decades, music services have gotten away with building their business on the backs of hard working musicians, paying unfair rates — and in the case of the $17.5 billion radio industry, paying nothing at all — for the music they use. The Fair Play Fair Pay Act introduced today will bring much needed reform to the music industry and addresses many of the issues that plague the recorded music industry.

“It is time that we properly pay the artists who put so much hard work into creating the music at the core of these services. If it weren’t for them, these stations would be broadcasting little more than static.

“At the nexus of music and technology, SoundExchange is at the very center of the industry, representing the entire record music industry. In June 2014, we testified before Congress and laid out SoundExchange’s guiding principle: all creators should receive fair pay, on all platforms and technologies, whenever their music is used. This past February, the Copyright Office put out a comprehensive report that laid out a similar principle and today we have a bipartisan coalition in Congress heeding the same call.”

Celebrate the Introduction of the Fair Play Fair Pay Act

Attention artists, labels and music fans: Tweet us with your thoughts @SoundExchange using #FairPlayFairPay.

– See more at: http://www.soundexchange.com/pr/soundexchange-applauds-fair-play-fair-pay-act-announcement/#sthash.0AdetZRK.dpuf

#21509 Reply
    Chuck Mott

Anywhere any more specifics on what they are proposing?

#21519 Reply
    Steve Ballard

Chuck, here is the introduced bill.

Fair play Fair pay act

#21520 Reply
    Chuck Mott

Thank you will check it out.

#26992 Reply
    ENW1
    Participant

Hmmmm… Do I wanna get paid better? Gee, I dunno. Lemme think about it & I’ll get back to you later. 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: SoundExchange Applauds Fair Play Fair Pay Act Announcement
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us