Soundtrack

Home Forums Critiques Soundtrack

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by jose Charlie.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    jon1234
    Participant

Hi Guys,

I’ve still not submitted anything to libraries yet, but I am in the process of building up a solid 10-20tracks that I’m personally happy with.

Any feedback would be much appreciated

Cheers,

Jon

#31817 Reply
    jose Charlie

hey Jon, newbie here – so take it with a grain of salt.
    to me the synth pad (the swells) buried a counter line a little when it entered. drumz sounded just a little heavy when they first came in – then settled into a decent balance. at about 1:20 it seems to get really dry – which felt a little out of context to what you established – it just felt kinda naked. And that kick drum seemed a little hot (side chaining?). I think the content is there, Im just talking about the mix down. Just making sure every part speaks well with clarity and serves to support every other voice. I wish i was more knowledgable, with my own stuff, lately i’ve been really focussed on the mix down, especially stereo imaging – widening (mid-side eq – gettin the lows down the middle, and the mid-highs on the sides. and obviously volume and automation. it seems to help define all the voices a little better.
    i’ve been playing, gigging, teaching, composing/arranging ,and over-educated for 25 years – but only been in the recording/ production game for a short time – it’s really hard (challenging. so like I said – take all my comments cautiously. there seems to be a few really top notch successfull producers on here, so hopefully you’ll get some more feedback. i’m gonna check in on this post again and see what the top flight cats have to say – really curious.

best of luck!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Reply #31817 in Soundtrack
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us