Spotify following? Promote ourselves?

Home Forums Collaborations Spotify following? Promote ourselves?

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

How do you get a spotify for artists account?

Here you go Chuck https://artists.spotify.com/faq/verification

#30067 Reply
    daveydad
    Participant

BTW, I’ve noticed that I’m getting a little better payout lately… most times, but not always, it’s a penny per stream now. Wasn’t like that a year ago.

#30227 Reply
    DhruvaAliman
    Participant

Since we get paid on Spotifiy for plays not followers I think it would be better if we made playlists with each other’s music and try to get the world to listen to the playlists.

#30228 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Since we get paid on Spotifiy for plays not followers I think it would be better if we made playlists with each other’s music and try to get the world to listen to the playlists.

Excellent idea Dhruva and I have been meaning to do that. The best way to organize that?

#30229 Reply
    bradymusico
    Participant

Just followed everybody in this thread (looking forward to going back and listening more to everyone’s music!). I’ve only put a handful of things up on Spotify the last few years but it has been on my list to get more active on there. Actually have been more motivated to do that after AS started circulating some random (old!) tracks of mine on there.

At any rate, here’s me: https://open.spotify.com/artist/5TXlmphHFrOeHKSUjrmqqU?si=kJ2_H7HhQUqNq6xb6inteQ

Agreed that it would be cool to put together some playlists. Art, maybe this should be something with an MLR logo? Curating the playlists is easy enough once you have a collection of artist profiles/tracks to choose from. One way to do it on the forum might be to start a thread, for example, MLR <catchy title> latin music (Spotify Playlist Submission). Folks could drop in the tracks they would like to add and the curator could add them. Of course, at some point you would have to get into quality control…anyway, just my 2 cents!

#30230 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Just followed you bradymusico.

I think a good start would be a Latin music playlist. From my understanding it’s best to keep similar themes together in a playlist and just have a couple of tracks from each artist. Maybe I should create an MLR Spotify account. Thanks for the ideas! Still thinking…

#30231 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Did some more research on what’s called Brand Playlists here https://support.spotify.com/us/article/brand-playlists/plain. Might not be the best way to go.

#32805 Reply
    Almo

Do exclusive libraries like JP, SK etc allow you to also put music on Spotify, iTunes etc?

#32807 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Do exclusive libraries like JP, SK etc allow you to also put music on Spotify, iTunes etc?

No blanket answer here. Better to check with each individual library.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
Reply To: Spotify following? Promote ourselves?
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us