Spotify, iTunes and more digital distribution

Home Forums General Questions Spotify, iTunes and more digital distribution

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    A_Mas
    Participant

I’ve been thinking for a while now of putting a few tracks together from my catalogue and make albums for iTunes, Spotify act. using one of the usual services (tunecore, cd baby).
    Do you have any experience with it? Is it a good way to promote your music?
    Also, I guess that tracks signed with exclusive libraries are a big no-no for digital distribution but would I have any problem in making albums with tracks that are signed with non-ex?
    And, last question, would I have any problem not being a publisher?(I.e. I’m not registered as a publisher with my PRO).

#26714 Reply
    daveydad
    Participant

I’ve been distributing a lot (but not all) of my music for several years via CD Baby. They do a great job. iTunes downloads are not as frequent as 2 years ago but I’m slowly seeing more revenue from streams on Spotify and other places, although it’s barely enough each month to buy a steak dinner. I do have a few exclusive tracks on some albums but only after getting permission from the library folks. Most won’t let you. CD Baby takes care of the publisher side unless you want something different.

#26716 Reply
    A_Mas
    Participant

Very interesting, thanks!
    Would be wise to let them handle the publisher side since I’m not setup as a publisher or would that mess things up with non-ex publishers that I have the same tracks signed with or in case I’ll decide to register as a publisher myself?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Spotify, iTunes and more digital distribution
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us