SPOTIFY LAWSUIT

Home Forums General Questions SPOTIFY LAWSUIT

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 11 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Logika
    Participant

I too got that notice, but I never put anything on Spotify nor do I subscribe to it, so didn’t know how or why I even got that notice??

#28000 Reply
    FranklinV

“The Harry Fox Notices of Compulsory License I received are full of mistakes. One of them is for a tune I didn’t write. I’d like to be sure that the royalties go where they should. Spotify seems to be chaotic.”

Same here. Sent me notice for tracks with same titles as mine but I did not write.

#29746 Reply
    FranklinV
    Participant

I keep on getting more and more of these each month. Different artists and labels. Some of the artists listed are getting 4 to 10 million views for the song title listed. Songs are nothing like what I write. A lot of dance and RnB. I did a NOI lookup on SXworks. One was for Sia ,The Greatest.The official notices on line do not list a copyright owner. The ones I receive do.They list my name. I have been reading articles that say Spotify has filed millions of these notices claiming they do not know the copyright owner. So they get out of paying. Seems like they just pick a composer who has the same song title and send them a notice. Then they do not have to pay the actual artist. All the notices I receive are the same titles as my copyright titles. When I try calling Spotify they direct me to a website that does not exist. When I leave messages and emails they are never returned.
    I have hundreds of copyrights since I have been in the business for 25 years. This is very annoying.

Viewing 3 posts - 11 through 13 (of 13 total)
Reply To: SPOTIFY LAWSUIT
Your information: