Start time alignment between main/bed/DnB mixes, and silence.

Home Forums General Questions Start time alignment between main/bed/DnB mixes, and silence.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Keith
    Participant

Some of my tracks have a pickup note right at the beginning of the main mix.

This pickup note wouldn’t be heard in the bed or DnB mixes.

If I keep the start times of the main/bed/DnB mixes aligned, then there will be a bit of silence at the start of the bed/DnB mixes.

I can see how this would be useful for a producer that is syncing music to video, as they can just line up the various audio mixes, and switch between them as necessary.

However, do libraries ever have an issue with 0.5 seconds of silence at the beginning of a bed/DnB mix?

Thanks for any insight.

-Keith

#31851 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

However, do libraries ever have an issue with 0.5 seconds of silence at the beginning of a bed/DnB mix?

If a client requested stems, I would do that. I consider these types as alternate mixes so I start them where the music starts. I do leave a few ticks at the beginning for a clean start.

#31856 Reply
    Keith
    Participant

Thanks for the info Art.

This gives me a different perspective on alt mixes, and how I approach them.

-Keith

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Reply #31851 in Start time alignment between main/bed/DnB mixes, and silence.
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us