Starter Collection Of Orchestral/Trailer Software

Home Forums Software Starter Collection Of Orchestral/Trailer Software

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    woodsdenis
    Participant

I’ll give you my spin on VEPRO, because I’m a MAC Pro user. I’m sure Denis will add his experiences. Right now, I’m using VEPRO on a single MAC Pro with DP8 (because my second MAC more or less died). VEPRO allows me to host all of my VIs outside DP. Even though DP is 64 bit, I find the hosting in VEPRO still lightens the load on the CPU.

+1 not as vital as it used to be in 32 bit land. The big advantage for serious templates is that if you set it up right you load all your Kontakt/Play libs in it once and it maintains your template when you switch DAW sessions. Also it works consistently better on one machine setups than hosting in the DAW itself.

#14033 Reply
    danleigh
    Participant

MichaelL, thanks so much for the advice on LASS! I am in awe of what it can do and I definitely will get it, but probably not as my first orchestral library. I’m leaning toward Cinematic Strings 2 and Symphobia as my “introductory” string libraries since they have ensemble patches. I think they’ll be easier for me to handle at first.

I am definitely going to get VE Pro for my new mac when it arrives next week, thanks Denis and MichaelL for the advice on it, very timely for me!

#14036 Reply
    Rob (Cruciform)

Hi Danleigh,

I’m going to suggest 8Dio Adagietto (their new ensemble arrangement of Adagio) over Cinematic Strings 2.

It’s cheaper at the moment for the intro price, it sounds just as good, and the spiccatos in it are just gorgeous whereas with CS2 I have to work a bit to mold their staccatissimo articulation to get a sound I really like.

You wouldn’t regret CS2 at all, it’s very user friendly and sounds wonderful overall. But for trailer writing I suspect you’d find the Adagietto spiccs to be more suited.

#14165 Reply
    danleigh
    Participant

Thanks for the suggestion Rob, I agree Adagietto sounds amazing. I have to admit, I have researched Cinematic Strings 2 a lot and really want it, so I might get both!

You mentioned CinePerc Epic earlier, and the demos sound great. I was curious if you think the Cineperc bundle is worth getting? It’s pricy but seems to be the most widely praised percussion library right now. Then again, Soundiron’s APE is $249 and seems to do a lot of what CinePerc does but it’s hard to tell from demos only.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
Reply To: Starter Collection Of Orchestral/Trailer Software
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us