Staying organized…..

Home Forums Newbie Questions Staying organized…..

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    ChuckMott
    Participant

n another post, someone had mentioned the fact that they also bounce their stems in alternate versions as well as various bit depths and save those in separate folders. I believe for those of us submitting to various libraries that is a good practice and pretty much leaves you ready for anything (although very time consuming in Pro Tools). For those of us though who write a minimum of one track a week, which is pretty much where I am now , the question is how do we keep this organized? And if you are using soundcloud and their player when you write a new track and upload it goes to the top no matter what and there is no arranging things on yur SOundcloud page. Things are put up in the order they are posted when what I would like to do is put my strongest stuff on top and put, er, the rest further down the page. Or leave them pff the page entirely. And I find myself looking at tracks written say 6 weeks ago and thinking which track is this? So I guess the question is : where do you keep all these tracks? On your drves never to see the light of day? Except for some select ones? And I have to admit being new to submitting to libraries despite some good advice and having read all the arguments I am going the nonexclusive route and shotgunning to every nonexclusive can find . For those who do similar how do we keep track of what is going where? SO for those of us who write a lot or have a lot of tracks, what is the general workflow you follow, and how do you track what is submitted, what is accepted, and where? Also (the bonus question) of we are going to try to maximize the number of libraries, and I realize it is not the most potentially lucrativwe way to go, but is there a practical reason why you wouldn’t also want to include royalty free libraries as you try to get your music placed . Don’t really want to turn this thread into an exclusive vs. nonexclusive debate though. Any other thoughts on keeping large amounts of music , versions, and stems organized? Thanks.

#10712 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Don’t really want to turn this thread into an exclusive vs. nonexclusive debate though.

Let’s not, it’s been talked to death and those comments will be deleted! Anyone that wants to weed through that debate please go to:

Non exclusive to exclusive

#10715 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster
    #10720 Reply
    ChuckMott
    Participant

Will do Art, thank you.

#10735 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Last two posts were moved as not staying on topic. Moved to here:

Non exclusive to exclusive

(a closed thread). Please do NOT hi-jack a thread, start a new topic.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Staying organized…..
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us