Studio monitor stands?

Home Forums Hardware Studio monitor stands?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    gdomeier
    Participant

Just wondering what you’re using for studio monitor stands. I’m getting some new monitors and need to set them on something (no room on the daw desk).

#37178 Reply
    Michael Nickolas
    Participant

Mine are on the desk now, but years ago I had stands. I remember they were designed to be filled with sand or water to offer stability! I remember that but not the important details like brand and where they were from.

#37179 Reply
    mikevan
    Participant

I’m using a couple of 4 foot concrete columns, the kind you can put in your garden. Heavy, stable and posh looking…

#37181 Reply
    Mike Marino

Mine are currently on my desk as well…but before that I used some metal stands from OnStage (I think?). There are other brands that make them as well. They’re pretty inexpensive a height adjustable. You could likely save some money in buying them used. After that you’ll likely want to decouple the monitors from the stands to keep your monitor response as true as possible. Lots of options here from IsoAcoustics to pucks, Auralex MoPads and Primacoustic RX series decouples…and likely bunches more. Many of those decoupler options can also be angled to help the directionality of your monitors should your stands not put them exactly in the sweet spot for your ears.

Hopefully that helps.

#37192 Reply
    NY Composer
    Participant
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Reply #37179 in Studio monitor stands?
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us